by Willard L. Boyd, et al
Every nonprofit organization in Iowa has some form of governing board. This volume deals with some of the central issues faced by members of a board of governance:
- What is the responsibility of a governing board?
- What does the board do? Who is the Board? How does the board function?
- What is the role of the board chair?
- What is the role of the executive director and staff with the board?
- How is the board accountable?
The second edition includes new or expanded material on:
- Legal compliance and good management practices
- Board accountability and compliance
- Beyond legal obligations
- Adopting a code of ethics and creating an ethical culture of compliance
- Evaluation of the Executive Director
- Legal Compliance Checklist for Iowa Nonprofits
- The Best Web Sites for Iowa Nonprofits
Willard L. Boyd is a lawyer and an educator. He is Rawlings-Miller Professor of Law at the University of Iowa and President Emeritus of the University of Iowa and The Field Museum of Chicago.
Order by email or telephone 866-500-8980 (toll free) or 319-335-9765.